2. RTR Power Rating FAQs
2.1 Tell me something about RTR Power Ratings?
* RTR Power Rating System uses a much more complicated statistical model
compare to the RPI ratings.
* It aims to address issues that exist in the RPI calculations, especially in the
* RTR Power Ratings intend to determine individual teams' true potential and
* The power ratings might not be the best indicators of winning and losing. We
intend to build a separate prediction model for game outcomes in the future.
2.2 What factors go into power ratings?
* The most important factors determining a team's rating are its winning
percentage and strength of schedule.
* However, many other factors are also included, for example, winning margins,
scores, oppenents' strength of schedule, quality wins, results for the most recent games, etc...
* For preseason or early season ratings, a team's last season performance is
* The exact formula might be different for different sports
* Our power rating system is consistently fine-tuned in order to achieve the best